The Stanford Club of Hong Kong is delighted to welcome a panel of 5 young education thought leaders from the realm of character education and positive education. Together, the panelists will share their insights innovating in education, including their personal journeys on:
- Founding a kindergarten that focuses on character building and nurturing
- Founding a learning community on character education and bringing that into Hong Kong schools
- Founding a learning community to enlighten, encourage and empower all learners
- Directing the leading non-profit in America to advance the science and practice of character development
- Making positive education accessible to more Hong Kong schools
This event should be interesting not just to those working in education, but also to parents and families interested in learning more on how children develop character strengths.
Guest of Opening Remarks:
Jeffrey Sze (Stanford BS ’07, MS ’08), Political Assistant to HKSAR Secretary of Education
Panelists (in alphabetical order):
Bruce Au, Former Director, Character Lab
Renee Boey, Founder and Educational Director, Baker & Bloom
Kimberly Kwok, Founder and School Supervisor, Mighty Oaks Nursery and Kindergarten
Christine Ma Lau, Founder and Principal, JEMS Learning House
Zachary Lee, Research Associate, Department of Applied Social Sciences, City University of Hong Kong
Date: Wednesday, 9 November 2016
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
7:00pm Opening Remarks
7:10pm Panel Discussion and Q&A
CoCoon, 3/F, Citicorp Centre, 18 Whitfield Road, Tin Hau, Hong Kong
$150 (advance payment) | $200 (cash at the door). Includes refreshments.
Required. Please click here to RSVP and pay now.
Christina Hu and Andrew Kwan (firstname.lastname@example.org)